Business Support Senior OfficerApply for this job
Duty Station:Operations Head Office, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Dec 31, 2019 11:59 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Your role as the Business Support Senior Officer is undertaking a broad range of duties and supporting the business in line with asset planning function to allow smooth operations. This role will draw on your exceptional customer service, Supplier engagement and decision-making skills coupled with high levels of communication and interpersonal skills.
The Business Support Senior Officer reports directly to the Business Support Senior Coordinator
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Raise Requisition for all orders to be made within the required time.
- Refer to the asset request plan and place purchase orders to the suppliers a month in advance with a due date to ensure timely planning from both Tugende and the suppliers.
- Follow up with the supplier to ensure timely invoicing of purchase orders.
- Work with Finance to ensure payment of all invoices from the supplier is made in time.
- Work with the supplier, field technician and branch leaders to ensure timely delivery of assets to branches.
- Work with the supplier to ensure ownership of all procured assets by Tugende are transferred to the company’s name within the recommended time.
- Keep track of all documents and records involved in the asset planning process.
- Support operational functions as the need may arise.
- Take on projects as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Work on head office operational needs as they may arise.
- Ensure all the required documents are submitted to finance within the required time for timely payments.
- Support asset planning initiatives to control the lead time of delivery to branches.
- Identify asset planning function weak spots and recommendation on how to improve them moving forward.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Excellent skills to keep track of all records required.
- You deeply enjoy working with people and ensuring they get the best experience at Tugende
- Ability to handle different types of characters
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- The solutions-oriented mindset with the ability to problem-solve
- Organizational skills
- Communication and influencing skills, especially when requiring colleagues to hand over records or to use the systems correctly
Nice to haves
- Proficiency in local languages
- Minimum of a diploma is essential
- Must be comfortable using a computer.